MES, a non-profit dedicated to changing the lives of many unfortunate individuals across the country, hosted an Impact function and launch for Safe Space which was very well-attended. The event’s attendance highlighted how many people are interested in making a social change in the world in support of MES’s vision. Lilly Franks, branch manager of MES Cape Town, and guest speaker Conrad Sidego both stressed the importance of giving dignity back to our people. In a very short time, the Safe Space has already done just that and we are beyond excited to see what the rest of the year will bring in all our programmes.
Here are some highlights from the year 2016:
- 1876 people were reached through outreaches
- 6802 meals were served
- 8933 GROW job rehabilitation shifts were created
- 680 clients were assessed by our Social Work department
- 158 therapeutic occupational therapy sessions were conducted
- 61 personal job consultation sessions were held
- 24 people were placed in permanent employment
Click here see how you can get involved and make a change in someones life by donating your time and not necessarily your money.