The Voortrekker Road Corridor Improvement District (VRCID) is seeking to employ a Precinct Manager and in so doing, fulfil its mandate of providing top-up services towards a cleaner, safer and more sustainable VRCID. The Precinct Manager reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer and is part of a team of 4 Precinct Managers.
The applicant must be self-motivated with good organizational and people management skills. The applicant must be prepared to work before and after hours and must own his or her own reliable transport and preferably live in the Northern suburbs. The salary is based on a CTC policy and therefore the successful candidate will be required to make their own pension fund and medical aid arrangements as may apply. Salary to be discussed during interviews with the short-listed candidates.
Prospective candidates are requested to refer to the job description below and then forward their applications to email@example.com before or on Friday, 17 May 2019. See requirements in terms of applications; non-compliance will result in candidate/s not being short-listed if they meet the criteria. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We encourage female candidates to apply for this post.
The Voortrekker Road Corridor City Improvement District (VRCID) wants to appoint a Precinct Manager, reporting to the Chief Operations Officer.
This person must be innovative, articulate, well organized and comfortable in a hands-on environment. Attention to detail is key to the success of this post. The main responsibility will be to enhance the urban landscape to make Bellville and Parow conducive for investments. The following is non-negotiable in terms of the said post.
The person must be a team player with good time management skills and work in a pressurized environment.
- Valid SA Code 8 driver’s licence with own reliable transport (non-negotiable).
- Be prepared to work and travel before and after hours and weekends (non-negotiable).
- Be able to communicate, verbally and written, in both English and Afrikaans (demographics of the area) on a strategic level with Board of Directors, City officials and members of the public.
- Facilities and Security Management experience a definite advantage.
- Computer literate and excellent report writing skills.
- Be medically fit and able to walk long distances.
- Strong admin and negotiating skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Will be responsible for his/her own Precinct within the VRCID.
- Ensures that the VRCID Implementation Plan is successfully implemented.
- Manages and monitors the VRCID appointed service provider contract and ensures compliance.
- Ensures that daily record is kept of visits to stakeholders, tasks and outcomes.
- Builds and maintains relationships with City of Cape Town officials and other relevant stakeholders in the area of responsibility.
- Collates information for Board reports, City of Cape Town meetings and for COO.
- Facilitate ideas on how to enhance the urban environment and manage these ideas to implementation.
- Work closely with the VRCID Social Development department.
- Must be hands-on
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Project Management skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to take initiative
- Must be obsessive in terms of a clean and well managed urban environment
- Must be fit and able to walk long distances.
To apply, send a one page motivation letter and CV (5 pages maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on Friday, 17 May 2019 (no certificates). Include 3 references with contact details for reference check purposes.
Commencement date is 1 July 2019 or sooner. If you have not had feedback by Monday, 27 May 2019, consider your application unsuccessful. All information relating to the VRCID is contained within our on the website or on Facebook at Voortrekker Road CID. Do not contact this office directly.