JOB TITLE: EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The VRCID is a non-profit company with the goal to maintain a clean, safe, and sustainable environment within a specific geographical area (Bellville and Parow). The Social Development department is responsible for the coordination and integration of Social Development Services towards adults and children living, working, and begging on the streets.
The VRCID Social Development Manager should be a highly self-motivated, independent, peoples-person who is passionate about the care and protection of the homeless, be an efficient administrator and able to manage people. He/she should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a qualified Social Worker. Knowledge and experience in the field of service delivery to the homeless will be essential. The successful candidate must have an engaging manner and enjoy motivating and organising people and events, be punctual, responsible, mature, and reliable.
Commencement date: not later than 15 January 2024 to ensure a proper hand-over with the current Social Development Manager.
- Degree in Social Work or diploma or degree in Community Development
- Valid Registration with the SACSSP
- Screened against the Child Protection Register
REMUNERATION – competitive cost to company package to be negotiated with successful applicant.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong administration skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Email, social media.
- Strong relationship-building skills, especially on a strategic level (City of Cape Town, Western Cape Provincial government, and large business)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and public speaking skills
- An excellent work ethic and professional conduct
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- Preferably live in the northern suburbs as there is regular after-hours and weekend work (not a requirement).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Lines of reporting
- The Social Development Manager will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer and or the Chairman of the VRCID Board in his absence.
- Assist with facilitation of all network meetings (Draw up Agendas and Minutes, send out invitations, venues, refreshments, chairing, etc).
- Community Development Projects/income generating projects for homeless and unskilled people.
- Operational and administrative support where necessary (e.g., Waste Picker Project, Garden Project, Give Responsibly campaign, PEP and EPWP Projects).
- Identifying growth areas in projects and arranging capacity building initiatives.
- Identify overlaps and gaps in service delivery and advocate for development of appropriate resources and service delivery to the homeless (adults and children).
- Create Awareness in terms of homelessness and services available in the community to the homeless.
- Interacting with marketing department and providing content for social media.
- Strategic support to Deputy Social Development Manager and fieldworker section
- Stand-in outreaches to the homeless if required and referrals to necessary NGOs/Shelters or other services.
- Supervision and mentoring to Deputy Social Development Manager and fieldworkers where necessary.
- Operational and developmental support to NGO-partners when necessary or requested.
- Operational support in terms of the homeless to other VRCID colleagues.
TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST – Applicants who might be interested in this job, must strictly follow the rules set out below.
- A condensed CV of not more than 4 pages.
- A 2-page motivational letter explaining why you specifically would be a good candidate for this position.
- Email the above to: Wilma.Piek@vrcid.co.za and copy Derek.Bock@vrcid.co.za
- Do not send copies of certificates or any other documents – only short-listed candidates will be asked to send at a later stage.
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTERING YOUR INTEREST – Friday, 27 October 2023.
For further information on the VRCID, visit www.vrcid.co.za
Please note that if you have not heard back by Friday, 3 November 2023, consider your application unsuccessful.