JOB TITLE: PRECINCT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
The Voortrekker Road Corridor City Improvement District (VRCID) wants to appoint a Precinct Manager, reporting to the Chief Operations Officer.
This person must be innovative, articulate, well organized and comfortable in a hands-on environment. Attention to detail is key to the success of this post. The main responsibility will be to enhance the urban landscape to make Bellville and Parow conducive for investments.
The person must be a team player with good time management skills and work in a pressurized environment.
- Valid SA Code 8 driver’s licence with own reliable transport (non-negotiable).
- Be prepared to work and travel before and after hours and weekends (non-negotiable).
- Be able to communicate, verbally and written, in both English and Afrikaans (demographics of the area) on a strategic level with Board of Directors, City officials and members of the public.
- Facilities, Property and Security Management experience a definite advantage.
- Computer literate and excellent report writing skills.
- Be medically fit and able to walk long distances.
- Strong admin and negotiating skills.
- Reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Will be responsible for own Precinct within the VRCID.
- Ensures that the VRCID Implementation Plan is successfully implemented.
- Manages and monitors the VRCID appointed service provider contract and ensures compliance.
- Ensures that daily record is kept of visits to stakeholders, tasks, and outcomes.
- Builds and maintains relationships with City of Cape Town officials and SAPS and other relevant stakeholders in area of responsibility.
- Collates information for Board reports, City of Cape Town meetings and for COO.
- Facilitate ideas on how to enhance the urban environment and manage these ideas to implementation.
- Work closely with the VRCID Social Development department.
- Must be hands-on.
- Problem solving
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Project Management skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Must be obsessive in terms of a clean and well managed urban environment.
- Must be fit and able to walk long distances.
Please read these instructions carefully. To apply, send a one-page motivation letter and CV (maximum 5 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday, 31 January 2024 (no certificates). Include 3 references with contact details for reference verification purposes. Please note that all candidates who have previously applied do not need to reapply as their applications will be considered.
Commencement date 01 February 2024 or no later than 01 March 2024. If you have not received feedback by Wednesday, 07 February 2024, please consider your application unsuccessful. The employer reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if deemed necessary.
All information about the VRCID can be found on the website www.vrcid.co.za or on Facebook at Voortrekker Road CID. Do not contact this office directly.