The VRCID is a non-profit company with the goal to maintain a clean, safe, and sustainable environment within a specific geographical area (Bellville and Parow). The Social Development arm is responsible for the coordination and integration of Social Development Services towards adults and children living, working, and begging on the streets.
The VRCID Assistant Social Development Manager should be a highly self-motivated, independent, people-person who is passionate about the care and protection of the homeless, be an efficient administrator and be able to manage people. He/she should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a qualified Social Worker/Community Developer/ Social Auxiliary Worker. Knowledge and experience in the field of service delivery to the homeless will be a plus. The successful candidate must have an engaging manner and enjoy motivating and organising people and events, be punctual, responsible, mature, and reliable.
Commencement date: as soon as possible but not later than 1 March 2022
For further information on job description and requirements and application process, refer to https://vrcid.co.za/news/
- Degree in Social Work or diploma or degree in Community Development/Social Auxiliary Work
- Valid Registration with the SACSSP
- Screened against the Child Protection Register
REMUNERATION – competitive CTC package to be negotiated with successful applicant
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Ability to work independently
- Strong administration skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Email, social media
- Strong relationship-building skills with all stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills
- An excellent work ethic and professional conduct
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- Preferably live in the northern suburbs as successful candidate would be expected to work regularly after-hours and weekends
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Lines of reporting
- The Assistant Social Development Manager will report directly to the VRCID Social Development Manager, who will also be his/her supervisor.
- Assist with facilitation of all network meetings (Draw up Agendas and Minutes, send out invitations, venues, refreshments, etc) as instructed by Social Development Manager.
3. Community Development Projects/income generating projects for homeless and unskilled people
- Operational and administrative support where necessary (e.g., Waste Picker Project, Garden Project, Give Responsibly campaign).
- Mentoring, support (administrative and operationally) of Drop-in Centre for Street Children.
- Identifying growth areas in projects and arranging capacity building initiatives.
4. Operational support to fieldworker section
- Stand-in outreaches to the homeless if required and referrals to necessary NGOs/Shelters or other services.
- Operational support to MES Cold Front Sleeps during the winter.
- Operational support in terms of the homeless to other VRCID colleagues (PM’s, PSO’s, Cleaners).
TO APPLY – Applications must be sent via e-mail to Wilma.Piek@vrcid.co.za or can be hand delivered to the offices of the VRCID, 3A Bellpark building, Cnr. Teddington and De Lange Roads, Bellville. No late applications will be accepted.
Applications should include the following:
- A motivational cover letter explaining why you specifically would be a good candidate for this position
- CV of relevant personal and work experience with contactable references (not more than 4 pages excluding motivational letter)
- Do not send copies of certificates or any other documents – only short-listed candidates will be asked to send such at a later stage
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS – Friday, 28 January 2022.
Please note that if you have not heard back within one week of closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.